In this live webinar based on the March 2018 PM Magazine article, the presenters will address new approaches for reducing the amount of domestic violence crimes in your community.
Research shows that domestic violence offenders are not necessarily a special class of criminal, but are likely to have also committed other violent and non-violent crimes. Considering these offenders as generalists (burglars, car thieves, etc.), Hollywood, Florida completely changed the way it approached domestic violence cases and embarked on a program of focused-deterrence.
As reported in a March 2018 PM Magazine article, within the first two years, the program is showing promise with a decline in the number of domestic violence reports.
Join in a candid discussion about new approaches to policing that could help your department reduce the number of domestic violence crimes in your community.
You and your staff will discuss:
- Domestic violence and its impact on the community and a police department’s ability to engage with residents
- Resource drain caused by domestic violence and recidivism
- Focused-deterrence programs
- Case study of Hollywood, Florida and ideas that you may implement in your community
- May 31, 2018
- 01:00 pm 02:30 pm ET
- Registration Deadline: 06/01/2018
- Member Price:$149.00