Get started! Get connected! Get involved!
Below are a few first steps to get you started as you begin your journey with us. Follow our three-pronged journey: Get Started, Get Connected , and Get Involved, to maximize your membership experience.
If you reached this page, and have not made the decision to join, explore how you can advance your career and organization today!
- Learn about ICMA.
- How we connect with members:
- Four things to do today:
- Update your profile
- Join the discussion
- Mark your calendar
- Visit the Welcome Page
- Questions? Contact Us. Call the Member & Customer Support Team at 800-745-8780 or 202-962-3680 (in Washington DC) or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Already a member? Make the most of your membership just: get started, get connected, and then get involved.
- Log on. Be sure to bookmark some of our key resource pages. To access the members-only content you must be logged onto the website. First time logging onto our website? Enter your primary email address and create your password by accessing the sign in button in the top right corner of your screen. If you need assistance, contact our Member & Customer Support Center at 800-745-8780 (202-962-3680 in Washington, DC).
- Update or complete your online profile. Having a complete online profile will ensure that you receive only the communications from ICMA that are of the most interest to you, and current contact information is crucial to maintaining your member benefits without interruption. Once you’re logged in, click on the Edit Profile link at the top right corner of any ICMA website page next to where it reads “Welcome [your name]!” and complete all the information within the two tabs titled About Me and My Preferences.
- Join the discussion. ICMA.org helps you discover the latest local government trends and resources and connect with the ICMA community. Members have the ability to create and join discussion groups, ask and answer questions, write blog posts, find events, and discuss articles and topics.
- Mark your calendar. Find an educational program that will help take your organization and career to the next level by checking out our program calendar, and explore all of ICMA's leadership and professional development opportunities available through ICMA University.
Now you're ready to get started! Take the next step in your journey:
- Get Connected — Discover great people, programs, and resources at ICMA.
- Get Involved — Explore the many ways you can get involved with ICMA at all levels of expertise and varying time commitments.
Member & Customer Support
202-962-3680 (in Washington DC)