Thank you to the ICMA State Association Coaching Partners!
The ICMA Coaching Program has the strong backing of the following ICMA State Association Coaching Partners:
Alabama, Alaska, California, Colorado, Connecticut, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Maine, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, Nebraska, New Hampshire, North Carolina, Oklahoma, Oregon, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, Texas, Utah, Virginia, Washington, and Wisconsin.
BECOME AN ICMA STATE ASSOCIATION COACHING PARTNER IN 2017 TO SERVE YOUR MEMBERS
ICMA-RC has become a national Platinum Sponsor for the ICMA Coaching Program with a three-year commitment. Funding from this Platinum Sponsor is driving down the cost for any State Association that becomes a Partner in the expanded ICMA Coaching Program.
BENEFITS TO BECOMING A STATE ASSOCIATION COACHING PARTNER:
- Featured as a Partner on ICMA Coaching Program webpage, all webinars, and notices -- enjoy recognition and outreach to attract new members to your association.
- Participate in identifying webinar topics and presenters of interest to your state.
- Receive notices for each webinar and Career Compass column in formats that your association can readily distribute to your members.
- Receive quarterly reports about participation in your state to support your association’s objectives for membership growth and professional development.
- Share best practices and templates for programs you can implement within your state (for example, 1-1 Coaching, Talent Development, and Speed Coaching).
- Help shape future Coaching Program services with membership on the ICMA Coaching Program Advisory Committee (for example, materials for setting up 1-1 Coaching in your state).
- Tap the power of the new ICMA CoachConnect tool to connect rising stars with volunteer coaches in your association. Build connections that boost your association now and into the future.
WHAT YOU NEED TO DO BECOME A STATE ASSOCIATION COACHING PARTNER:
- Designate one point-of-contact to distribute Coaching Program webinar announcements, Career Compass columns, and other resource materials to State Association members and to encourage them to share the notices and resources with all of their employees.
- Identify two representatives (one senior manager and one emerging leader) from your State to serve on the national ICMA Coaching Program Advisory Committee.
- Contribute $1,000 per year to ICMA to offset costs of supporting State Association participation in the Coaching Program, providing state-specific participation statistics, and distributing information about best practices for ICMA State Association Coaching Partners to use in their state-based talent development initiatives. Payment of the ICMA State Association Coaching Partner fee of $1000 is due June 30 in the calendar year.
[Note: Because of ICMA securing ICMA-RC as a national sponsor for 2016-2018 (and continuing support from ICMA and Cal-ICMA), this fee is reduced from $5000 per year that Partners paid in 2015. Are you unsure about how to fund this in your association? Other states have been successful in attracting support from affiliated professional associations (for example, League of Cities), professional services providers, educational institutions, and foundations.]
Send your state association's interest in being an ICMA State Association Coaching Partner to rcarty@ICMA.org.
HOW TO MAKE THE MOST OF BEING A STATE PARTNER
Read Tips for State Partners for 10 ways you can use the ICMA Coaching Program to serve your state association and its members. Click on the following link for a guided video tour of the ICMA Coaching Program Opportunities for ICMA State Association Coaching Partners to Benefit.
DO YOU HAVE SUGGESTIONS FOR WEBINAR PRESENTERS?
We tap the best available presenters from across the U.S. and encourage State Coaching Partners to provide suggestions. Please send your suggested webinar presenters and their contact information (and the webinars for which they would be relevant) to ICMACoaching@donmaruska.com or fax: 805-772-4697.
We are pleased to announce that the following organizations have stepped forward to help in spreading information about the ICMA Coaching Program to their members:
- Canadian Association of Municipal Administrators (CAMA)
- Women Leading Government (WLG)
- Local Government Hispanic Network (LGHN)
- League of Women in Government (LWG)
- National Forum for Black Public Administrators (NFBPA)
- Engaging Local Government Leaders (ELGL)
- International Public Management Association for Human Resources (IPMA-HR)
- National Association of County Administrators (NACA)
We welcome more national and international organizations that share the objectives of the ICMA Coaching Program and can aid in attracting interest and participation. Contact Rob Carty, Director of Career Services, for more details.
National Platinum Sponsor: ICMA-RC
Other Major Funders
The ICMA Coaching Program also receives major ongoing funding from
Granicus, an ICMA Strategic Partner, kindly provides the technology for hosting the Agendas & Archives for webinars.