The #LocalGov Technology Alliance is an initiative to explore the world of big data, open data, apps and dashboards, and what it all means for local governments.
Local government managers need to know what questions to ask about data and information, and how they can best take advantage of the efficiencies new technology affords their efforts to deliver high quality service to residents. Here you'll find resources to help you navigate the complex world of technology. To learn more, contact Cory Fleming (email@example.com).
Social Services White Boarding Exercise, May 15, 2015:
Key Resource: The GIS Guide for Elected Officials
- Esri-ICMA Smart Communities Case Study Series - City of Fort Lauderdale, FL
- Esri-ICMA Smart Communities Case Study Series - City of Auburn, AL
- Esri-ICMA Smart Communities Case Study Series - Collin County, TX
- Esri-ICMA Smart Communities Case Study Series - San Diego Association of Governments (SANDAG)
- Esri-ICMA Smart Communities Case Study Series - City of Charlotte, NC
- Esri-ICMA Smart Communities Case Study Series - Carver County, MN
GIS in the News
- It's Not Just About Potholes Anymore
- The Big Deal About Big Data
- Interpreting Data Analytics and Communicating it to the Public
- Sentiment in the Digital Age
- Opening Up Local Governments and Data
- National Neighborhood Indicators Partnership
- How GIS Actualizes Smart Communities
- Using GIS to Identify and Prioritize Community Brownfields Redevelopment Sites
- City of North Port, FL, and Sarasota County, FL, Feature Use of Mapping Technology on GIS Day
- Discover What GIS Can Do for Your Community
- Pitkin County, Colorado, Creates Independent GIS Mapping Department
- Citizen Engagement Goes High-Tech: How GIS Can Propel Your Social Media Efforts
Want to add a comment?
Login to your account or Create a free account to leave a comment and get access to more features.